A Day In My Studio

 It's the New Year
and I was missing some quiet and creative time
in my new urban studio.

When I moved to Toronto,
I couldn't fit my old art table up the narrow 
staircase, so, I took a little trip out to IKEA and
bought a table top, legs and a set of drawers
for my new art table.  Love it even more
than my old table.

On my table are some more Skinni Mini
Hand Painted Pillows that I am currently
working on to put up in my Etsy shop.
Think I will add a ribbon to the top of these
pillows so that they can hang from a 
door knob.  Doors can be boring so
why not add a little art there?
 My studio area is SO MUCH smaller than my
studio in the country and when I initially moved 
into this house, I really missed my old barn studio.  
It took me a long time to get myself back into the 
mood of spending time in one of my favorite places.
BUT......
now I love it.  With everything at arm's reach, I just
swing around in my chair and can do many things
at once.  My computer and administrative files are
right behind me, my painting table in front of me and
all my paint and sewing supplies are by the window
next to my little TV.
 This is the new Edith Pillow I
made last night.  I added a
textured button as an earring.
Edith is a Midlife Madonna and 
her quote is ..
"LIVE YOUR LIFE AND
FORGET YOUR AGE."
 Many of you may recognize Solange, my Parisian
woman of "a certain age."  She was created last
night as well.  I get so involved in creating these
little ladies that time just flies by.  It was 1:00 a.m.
before I lifted my head and wondered why I
was so tired.     Solange's quote is
"YOUTH IS A GIFT ....
AGE IS AN ART."
SOLD
This is a new pillow whom I have named Jessica.
I wanted to try making a lady with 
a big picture hat.  
The story behind Jessica is that she is an American 
who has moved to Paris to write her next novel.  
She begins each day sitting in a cafe 
along St Germaine making notes for
her daily story ideas.
The quote on the back of the pillow is a fun one.
"CAREFUL OR YOU'LL END
UP IN MY NOVEL"
Maybe I create these ladies as
an extension of my own dreams.
Hmmmmmmmmm??

Popular Posts