A Provencal Salvage Yard

 Right outside of the beautiful walled city of 
Uzes, France, is a home decor junkie's 
vision of heaven.  I spied the buildings first 
which caught my breathe,
and then I saw that it was a salvage yard 
just brimming with treasure.  

This darling cat was the first sight that caught
my eye .... what an absolute sweet cat.
 Beautiful iron fences in all patinas
were stacked against each other.
 Lights and lanterns hung from 
trees and roofs ...
 Iron ornamental gizmos that would look
lovely hanging on a wall
and beautiful red shutters to boot.
 Rusty gates galore ...
 Iron and wood chairs ....
 Crucifixes and religious artifacts ...
 Old French sinks and faucets ....
 I left disappointed I couldn't take a gate or
two home with me.  That's a problem
with traveling - wishing you could
bring those treasures back home.

Merci Monsieur Chat.
You were the cutest thing there.

Popular Posts