A Study In Blue And White


Meg Mitchell
While walking around Toronto with my camera, I found this wonderful display of blue and white china in an antiques shop.  I love the different patterns and various colors of blue on these pieces.  Luckily, the sun was not a factor as I shot this photograph through the glass window.  

This display reminded me so much of the paintings and other beautiful handiwork of Kaffe Fassett.  
Kaffe Fassett
This is a painting by Kaffe Fassett featuring a study of blue and white china, ginger jars and urns.  From his paintings, he creates needlepoint canvases, mosaic studies, gorgeous knitwear and the most beautiful quilts in the world.  

Many years ago, Kaffe Fassett came to Toronto and gave a slide presentation of his work. I was a Kaffe groupie.  To listen to this incredible artist talk about his art and inspirations and then to see large scale pictures of his work was a thrill. I have all his books and I still look through them on occasion when I need a little escape.  This weekend sounds like a perfect time to sit down with a glass of wine and dream Kaffe style.  I haven't done that in a while.....

Are any of you familiar with Kaffe Fassett?




Popular Posts