A Beautiful Chair

This week, while I sat outside in my garden or watched a movie on television, I started going through all my design books and magazines looking for decor inspirations.  I found one of my all time favorite books that I bought over 10 years ago but haven't looked at in a very long time. The designs didn't really "fit" my last home which was country in style BUT it does offer some very interesting ideas for my present new Victorian home.  The book is called "Revealed" by an absolutely creative designer named Carolyn Quartermaine.  
Carolyn paints or embosses beautiful materials with flowers and various designs.  The fabric colors are luscious.  Her ideas are amazing.  Take this chair for example.  The ink stained flower is printed on organza and the chair's frame is painted a chalky light gray.  Just the photographs themselves are gorgeous.  So so French.
Could I do this?  Oh, I would love to try.

Popular Posts