STUDIO LIGHTING

I love lamps. They remind me of women with hats. And although, I use proper natural lights when I am painting, I really love to use my funky lamps that have a little zing. This flower lamp looks different when it is lit because the petals give the light a pretty pink glow.
The lampshade is covered in little petals from big artificial flowers. Each petal is glued on amid a sprinkling of leaves here and there. The base of the lamp was found at a garage sale for $5.00. Don't you just love garage sales?
I always get fun comments on this lampshade when I take it to art shows. They say pink enhances a girl's complexion and I have a lot of hand painted girls that want to look their best.
This lamp is based on a lamp that Kaffe Fassett showed in one of his books. The lamp base is completely covered in different sized pearls and shards of china with pictures of roses. The two most important elements to making this lamp is strong glue and lots of patience.
On the lampshade, I stitched on some silky tassel at the bottom and then at the top of the tassel, I sewed little seed pearls just to catch the light when the lamp is on.
Here's a closer detail of the pearls on the base.
This is another funky old lamp base with an inexpensive lampshade that just needed a little color. This lamp lights up my ironing and packaging area of my studio.
I always have rick rack and bows around the studio and
some just found their way to the lampshade.
I love when lighting is different at night .... the pinks warm up my studio space and make it cozy when I find myself working late in my studio. It feels more like a home than a work space.

There is something about the color pink and women ... they may not want walls of pink in their homes unless the color is used as an accessory but in retail and work spaces, the color pink is very relaxing and promises the possibility of fun.
I want my studio space to be fun!

More studio posts to follow ......

Some of my larger hand painted pillows are now a special price.
Check out my Etsy shop to see these "girls."

Popular Posts