I'M UP FOR A FUN WEEKEND!

I woke up early this morning ... something was different. The birds were singing, lawn mowers were rumbling and people were taking walks again.
What a difference a little less humidity makes!

I made a big pot of coffee, grabbed my cleaning supplies and headed out to my sunporch to give my favorite place in the house a little TLC. I have friends coming for dinner and it will be great fun to eat in a clean screened in porch and not have to swat any "skeeters."
I am very excited about my afternoon as well. I will be attending the play "The Women" by Clare Boothe Luce at The Shaw Festival. The Shaw is in my hometown, Niagara On The Lake, Ontario and this company presents exhilarating productions of plays by Bernard Shaw and his contemporaries. The actors and the staging offers a superb experience for the theatre lover.
Ten plays in four theatres are presented annually from April to October.

I would suspect that most of you may have seen either George Cukor's or Dianne English's movie version of "The Women" but have you seen the play? I haven't but I will this afternoon and I can't wait to tell you all about this campy production about the ladies who lunch.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.


Popular Posts