LEARNING TO BLOG 101

Since I have become a "woman of a certain age," I am always looking for new adventures and learning opportunities that sometimes push me pass a level of personal comfort. Last week, I decided to take a blogging course to learn how to spice up and enhance my own blog. I am taking the course "Blog Triage" online for the next month and all my lucky readers will be able to see my homework and hopefully, progress as April unfolds. Of course, your comments will be most appreciated both "good" and "what were you thinking"??? You see, Hillary and Michelle are having a little chuckle over this new adventure of mine.....

My first assignment is to describe my readers or the type of people I would like to write for. I hadn't thought about who my readers are. I write my blog for pure enjoyment. When I turned 60 several years ago, I decided that I was going to make a list of "dreams" and go out and do everything I thought would be a great experience and lots of fun. The Priscilla Mae blog was one of those dreams. And so was Paris. And so was painting funky women on totes and pillows in my Etsy shop . And so was my decision to live alone. And so was the way I have decided to dress and how I redo my home. And it goes on and on as I rediscover myself. I would imagine my blog readers are women who are going through their own journeys and many of whom are probably midlife women. They may have asked in the past, "Do I dare?" but now might simply answer that question with, "what have I got to lose?" We are not getting out of this alive so we may as well go out and have some fun.

When I read back over this post, I think I may have to give a little more of myself in my blog. I have written from the perimeter of my life and shown some of the results of it through my art and travels but not how I got to that end result. Hmmmmmmmmm ...

Those of you who are interested in the Blog Triage Course can visit the blogs of Cynthia Morris or Alyson Stanfield. These ladies have already got me thinking.....

Popular Posts