THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO COCO CHANEL

I just finished reading "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel" by Karen Karbo. It was a very interesting and fun read. It's a look at Coco Chanel's life story from a quirky and offbeat approach and how her life lessons affected the way she lived and how she ran her business.

A couple of her life lessons are:

"It's always better to be slightly underdressed.":
Overdressing is the first cousin of trying too hard. To overdress is to advertise to the world that you don't trust yourself.
"One ought to be a bit of a fetishist."
Chanel's fetish was the camellia which was the symbol of her elegant tomboyish femininity. Ms Karbo said she adored the perfection of this flower and attached it to her hats, her pockets, her waistlines and her lapels.

Do you have an accessory or a style of dress that others may associate with you?
This is the new Coco Pillow. It's been fun working on something new for this famous lady. Now that I have read this book, I think I should add a camellia to her hat or lapel.
This was the first of the larger Coco Chanels I painted and she SOLD the first day in my Etsy shop to a Coco collector.
Just SOLD. Thanks Sandie.
This is a smaller Coco Chanel pillow ( 5" X 5") and she's in my Etsy shop now. I love having the pillows with stands so that a "girl" can sit in fun and unexpected places around my home. I have a pillow on my desk so that when I'm working by myself, which is most of the time, I have someone to talk to. And, they always agree with me.

DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR THE MARCH GIVEAWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO. Deadline is midnight March 5th. And thanks to all of you that have joined and left a comment.

Popular Posts