A SHOT OF HOT PINK

This winter is getting to me fast. I'm sick of all the grey, even if grey is the new black. On days like this, we need a shot of color.

And so, I worked on a pillow with lots of shots of hot pink and fuchsia. This is Rose and she's one of the ladies from the Muses of Amour series which was the first group of women I designed for my retail clients. Rose was very popular in shoe stores. Her little pouty face attracted all the women to the displays because that's how those ladies felt until they got those stilettos on their feet and walked out that door. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38520487
Before I started working on Rose, I went through my Parisian pictures from last October to see if I could find some shots of hot pink in Gay Paree. Pink was there. Pink was everywhere.
From a window of cute Parisians chiens and hot pink shoes .............
to a Vogue cover on the Champs-Elysees....
to an upscale home gift shop on Avenue Montaigne.........
to the wonderful hot pink tables and chairs outside Fauchon's on the Place de la Madeleine....
to the funky store, Antoine et Lilli in the 10th arrondissement across from the beautiful canal St. Martin.

Whew, I feel better. Now, out to my studio to paint with some more lovely colors to brighten my day. Hmmmmmmmm .... maybe turquoise today.

Popular Posts