Audrey Tauton - A Favorite French Muse

I remember when I stood in line to see a quirky little French film called "Amelie". I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm mad about French films and the poster with this impish little face caught my attention. I took a small notebook and pencil into the film and sketched this face because I was so taken with it's charm. That face was the face of Audrey Tautou. It was the hair and the eyes. It was a perfect little film for Audrey and one of my favorite films of all time.

When I was in Paris in October, I still came across the movie posters of "Amelie" and took this picture for fun. It has become one of the movies associated with Paris.
Have you ever seen the Chanel No 5 Perfume ad with Audrey? It's like a small movie.  I would imagine this was a natural followup to her portrayal of Coco in the movie, "Coco Avant Chanel."

See Angelique here.
And here.
And here.

This young girl was the result of my sitting in the movie theatre that day with my paper and pencil sketching Audrey Tautou in "Amelie." I called her Angelique and featured her in a series of ladies called "French Kiss." Angelique was always the most popular of the three ladies I created and she still is a favorite no matter whether I put her face on a pillow, or an eyeglass case, or a tote.

Popular Posts